Monday - Thursday
7:00 am - 10:00 pm
PSYC 1101 Term Paper Assignment
Students are required to research and write a term paper worth 15% of their final grade.
Requirements for your paper:
- 3-5 pages (minimum of 900 words)
- Must include a cover sheet and a reference page (in addition to the 3-5 pages)
- Topic must be related to psychology and be approved by Ms. Gowgiel (see course calendar for deadline for topic proposal)
- All papers must be typed, double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font and use APA format
- Cite at least 5 sources (sources must be credible, no wikipedia or googling)
- 3 sources should come from peer-reviewed journals (see the list in the right column for peer reviewed journals.)
All papers must be submitted to Smarthinking prior to final submission
Papers must be submitted to the Turnitin Drop Box in Angel (see the course calendar for the deadline)
NOTE: PAPERS WILL BE THOROUGHLY CHECKED FOR PLAGAIRISM – PLEASE REMEMBER TO CITE ALL SOURCES (both via a reference page and using in-text citations). For help creating a reference page or using in-text citations talk with the library staff or use EasyBib.
These are the resources we discussed during the library session. If you have any questions, please contact the library.
The following resources are medical in nature.
Credo Reference Books
Please take a moment to fill out this survey about the library services orientation you attended last week. There are less than 10 questions. There are only 2 questions for comments and those two are optional. Thanks in advance for your participation.
Peer Reviewed Psychology Journals
The following resources have been evaluated by the library staff or your instructor and have been determined to be relevant to your program.
APA Format Resources
The library has several copies of The APA Publication Manual (6th Edition). Both copies are in the reference section. Just ask the library staff for assistance.
The resources listed below are online.
APA Word Templates
The APA sample paper was created by the library staff. Follow the directions and fill in your own information. This sample paper will help you satisfy the format requirements for your instructor. The Word template is more academic in nature and will be more infomation than is required.