Quality Enhancement Plan
Required by Requirement 2.12 “The QEP describes a carefully designed and focused course of action that addresses a well-define topic or issue directly related to enhancing student learning.”
Required to develop a 5-year plan to improve student learning or the learning environment at the institution
Required to be a college-wide effort and have broad-based support
Required by Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2 "The institution has developed a Quality Enhancement Plan that (1) demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP; (2) includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP; and (3) identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement. (Quality Enhancement Plan)."
• Topic must emerge from careful study and DATA
• Topic must be specific, focused, and measureable.
• It must focus on student learning or the learning environment
• Must have the potential for widespread effect and impact a large number of students
• Must be evidence of broad-based involvement with significant involvement of faculty
• Must be proof of adequate resources for implementation
• Must include assessment strategies for continuous improvement